Root Chakra Guided Meditation
"Man's thirst for survival in the future makes him incapable of living in the present" - Chuang Tzu
Use this root chakra guided meditation for activating your kundalini chakra.
This is also the first chakra in the body that governs your sense of safety, security and survival.
With its element as Earth, it signifies your 'base support' or mooladhara (Sanskrit name for the chakra).
- Record these instructions in your own voice or ask someone you trust to read them to you while you meditate. Do it at a slow pace
- Take a long pause (5-10 seconds) between two paragraphs
- Begin by sitting in your normal meditation posture - preferably cross legged on the floor, and if that's difficult, sit on a chair with your back and your shoulders straight
- Alternatively, you could lie down on the floor (as is done in yoga nidra meditation), but you run the risk of dozing off
- Take a few deep breaths and calm your body and mind
- Close your eyes
- Listen to the directions and follow them (pardon me for stating the obvious)
Root chakra guided meditation script
- Take a long and deep breath. As you exhale, move attention to the base of your spine and imagine a ruby red chakra glowing iridescently. The warm red glow of the chakra calms you and you feel serene and safe.
- You feel grounded and unshakeable like a huge boulder cradled by the earth.
- Imagine standing at the base of a snow-capped mountain rising high into the sky. In front of you is a large opening to a cave. The red rhododendrons growing at the mouth of the cave sway in the gentle breeze and reflect the warm sunlight falling on them. The rays of the sun streaking in invite you to enter the cave.
- Step forward and go inside. You notice the cave has smooth walls and a high ceiling with a warm gentle breeze making you cozy and comfortable. Walk further and notice your surroundings.
- You see the path opening into a large, almost circular room, with a big rectangular stone lying in the middle. A gentle beam of light slipping in through a small crack in the ceiling bathes the stone with a warm glow.
- You walk over to the stone and sit on it. Sitting cross-legged comes effortlessly to you.
- You begin to feel a part of the mountain. You feel deeply anchored and rooted to the earth. You feel safe. You see the the earth supporting and nourishing your entire being.
- Now see your first chakra spinning and gaining strength. As it spins faster, a ruby-red light washes over you and pervades every cell, every pore in your body.
- Breathe deeply and feel the energy funneling down to the base of your spine.
- Rest in this awareness.
- Gently rise from the stone and walk out of the room, through the passageway to outside of the cave. Look back at the mountain and feel one with it.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and arise.
A free root chakra guided meditation mp3 for download is a work-in-progress and will be put on the site soon. Until then, I hope the guided meditation script above serves you well.
Do let me know how it worked for you by writing to me or by leaving your comments and feedback below.
Also, if you would like to try regular meditation techniques that can help open and balance your first chakra, then click on first chakra meditation to learn more.
Return from Root Chakra Guided Meditation to Free Guided Meditations
Return to Home
Get a free chapter from my book, Meditation-Hacker: 7 Ancient Secrets to Crack the Inner-Bliss Code and receive valuable information on meditation that you can use to improve the quality of your health and life, by subscribing to my newsletter, Kkaivalya.