Heart Chakra Guided Meditation
"He who binds to himself a Joy, does the winged life destroy; he who kisses the joy as it flies, lives in Eternity's sunrise" - William Blake
Use this heart chakra guided meditation for activating your fourth chakra, which governs your love, compassion and empathy.
With its element as Air, it signifies your 'unstruck' sound or anahata (Sanskrit name for the chakra).
- Record these instructions in your own voice or ask someone you trust to read them to you while you meditate. Do it at a slow pace
- Take a long pause (5-10 seconds) between two paragraphs
- Begin by sitting in your normal meditation posture - preferably cross legged on the floor, and if that's difficult, sit on a chair with your back and your shoulders straight
- Alternatively, you could lie down on the floor (as is done in yoga nidra meditation), but you run the risk of dozing off
- Take a few deep breaths and calm your body and mind
- Close your eyes
- Listen to the directions and follow them (pardon me for stating the obvious)
Heart chakra guided meditation script
- Take a long and deep breath. As you exhale, move attention to your heart, and imagine an emerald green chakra. The life-symbolizing green glow of the chakra spreads from your heart to fill your chest first and then the rest of your body.
- Imagine standing under a large tree with a huge green canopy spreading in all directions. The wind rustles through its bright green leaves making a gentle flute-like sound. Start climbing the tree. As you move up, you pass thick branches laden with green. Even sunlight finds it hard to filter through the green leaves that provide a cool, soothing shade to you.
- You reach the top of the tree and get a panoramic view of the surrounding. In every direction you look, there is a sea of never-ending green of lush vegetation.
- The tree nurtures and nourishes you just as it provides strength, support and safety to all of its leaves.
- Now see your fourth chakra spinning and gaining strength. As it spins faster, a green light washes over you and pervades every cell, every pore in your body.
- Breathe deeply and feel the energy funneling into your heart, which is bursting forth with fresh green leaves.
- Rest in this awareness.
- Gently start descending from the tree. You feel the love and care of the tree, whose branches support you on your way down. Once on the ground, look back up at the tree and feel one with it.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and arise.
A free heart chakra guided meditation mp3 for download is a work-in-progress and should be available on the site soon. Until then, I hope the guided meditation script above serves you well.
Do let me know how it worked for you by writing to me or by leaving your comments and feedback below.
Also, fourth chakra meditation will help you learn different meditation techniques that will open and balance your heart chakra.
Return from Heart Chakra Guided Meditation to Free Guided Meditations
Return to Home
Get a free chapter from my book, Meditation-Hacker: 7 Ancient Secrets to Crack the Inner-Bliss Code and receive valuable information on meditation that you can use to improve the quality of your health and life, by subscribing to my newsletter, Kkaivalya.