Passion Chakra Guided Meditation
"Remember the example of an old cow, she's content to sleep in a barn. You have to eat, sleep and shit - that's unavoidable - beyond that is none of your business" - Patrul Rinpoche
Use this passion chakra guided meditation for activating your sacral chakra.
This is also the second chakra in your body that governs your creative impulses.
With its element as Water, it signifies your 'seat-of-self' or swadhishthana (Sanskrit name for the chakra).
- Record these instructions in your own voice or ask someone you trust to read them to you while you meditate. Do it at a slow pace
- Take a long pause (5-10 seconds) between two paragraphs
- Begin by sitting in your normal meditation posture - preferably cross legged on the floor, and if that's difficult, sit on a chair with your back and your shoulders straight
- Alternatively, you could lie down on the floor (as is done in yoga nidra meditation), but you run the risk of dozing off
- Take a few deep breaths and calm your body and mind
- Close your eyes
- Listen to the directions and follow them (pardon me for stating the obvious)
Passion chakra guided meditation script
- Take a long and deep breath. As you exhale, move attention to the lower part of your abdomen, below the navel, and imagine a glowing orange chakra. The orange glow of the chakra spreads to the rest of your body like ripples on the surface of water.
- You feel it like the ebb and flow of gentle waves hitting the shore of your body.
- Imagine standing on a pristine, white-sand beach, and it is just before dawn. The sky is streaked with orange in eager anticipation of the sun. Watch the sky.
- Now look down at the infinite expanse of gentle surf and calm water in front of you. Step forward and dip your toes into the warm water of the ocean. Notice how it slowly approaches, laps around your feet, and then returns to its source.
- You move forward and now the waves caress your knees and thighs. The water is crystal clear and you can see the white sandy floor under your feet. You dive into the water and start swimming effortlessly. You turn and ease onto your back and start floating like a weightless leaf.
- You gaze at the orange sky while moving and flowing with the waves.
- Now see your second chakra spinning and gaining strength. As it spins faster, an orange light washes over you and pervades every cell, every pore in your body.
- Breathe deeply and feel the energy funneling down your spine to the second chakra.
- Rest in this awareness.
- Gently turn to start swimming again. You realize that the sea has safely carried you back to the shore so your feet find the sand and you start walking out of the water. Look back at the sea and feel one with it.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and arise.
A free passion chakra guided meditation mp3 for download is a work-in-progress and will be put up on the site soon. Until then, I hope the guided meditation script above serves you well.
Do let me know how it worked for you by writing to me or by leaving your comments and feedback below.
Also, click on second chakra meditation to learn three meditation techniques on how to open and balance your sacral or passion chakra.
Return from Passion Chakra Guided Meditation to Free Guided Meditations
Return to Home
Get my book, Meditation-Hacker: 7 Ancient Secrets to Crack the Inner-Bliss Code and receive valuable information on meditation that you can use to improve the quality of your health and life.
CommentsI would love to hear your meditation experiences. And, if you are a beginner, your questions and apprehensions about meditation. Comment below or contact me directly through the navigation bar on the left of this page.