Power Chakra Guided Meditation
"The nature of everything is illusory and ephemeral, those with dualistic perception regard suffering as happiness, like they who lick the honey from the razor's edge" - Nyoshul Khenpo
Use this power chakra guided meditation for activating your solar plexus chakra.
This is also the third chakra in your body that governs your self-esteem, will power and ability for achievement.
With its element as Fire, it signifies your 'city-of-jewel' or manipura (Sanskrit name for the chakra).
- Record these instructions in your own voice or ask someone you trust to read them to you while you meditate. Do it at a slow pace
- Take a long pause (5-10 seconds) between two paragraphs
- Begin by sitting in your normal meditation posture - preferably cross legged on the floor, and if that's difficult, sit on a chair with your back and your shoulders straight
- Alternatively, you could lie down on the floor (as is done in yoga nidra meditation), but you run the risk of dozing off
- Take a few deep breaths and calm your body and mind
- Close your eyes
- Listen to the directions and follow them (pardon me for stating the obvious)
Power chakra guided meditation script
- Take a long and deep breath. As you exhale, move attention to the lower part of your chest, below the sternum, and imagine a bright yellow chakra. The sun-like yellow glow of the chakra spreads from your solar plexus to fill your chest first and then the rest of your body.
- Imagine standing in an endless field of sunflowers or any yellow-colored flowers swaying gently in the breeze. The sky is a cloudless, azure blue and the sun bathes you and the field of flowers with its warm, nourishing rays.
- Now look up at the infinite expanse of sky and lock your eyes on the sun. The rays don't hurt your eyes. You find it soothing and pleasant to look at the sun. You find yourself rising and being pulled by the sun toward itself. The yellow fields are now far below and you are flying faster and faster. Even the earth has become a ball of blue in the distance.
- You get closer to the sun and register its true size for the first time. For all its heat and light, it looks warmly inviting and eager to embrace you. You head straight for its centre.
- You become one with the sun's core and can see all the planets revolving around you.
- Now see your third chakra spinning and gaining strength. As it spins faster, a yellow light washes over you and pervades every cell, every pore in your body.
- Breathe deeply and feel the energy funneling down your spine to the third chakra.
- Rest in this awareness.
- Gently start to float and fly again - this time toward the earth. You ride on the sun's rays back to the field of yellow flowers. Look back at the sun and feel one with it.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and arise.
A free power chakra guided meditation mp3 for download is a work-in-progress and should be available on the site soon. Until then, I hope the guided meditation script above serves you well.
Do let me know how it worked for you by writing to me or by leaving your comments and feedback below.
Also, third chakra meditation will help you learn different meditation techniques that can open and balance your solar plexus or power chakra.
Return from Power Chakra Guided Meditation to Free Guided Meditations
Return to Home
Get a free chapter from my book, Meditation-Hacker: 7 Ancient Secrets to Crack the Inner-Bliss Code and receive valuable information on meditation that you can use to improve the quality of your health and life, by subscribing to my newsletter, Kkaivalya.