Throat Chakra Guided Meditation
"Know all things to be like this, a mirage, a cloud castle, a dream, an apparition, without essence, but with qualities that can be seen" - Buddha
Use this throat chakra guided meditation for activating your fifth chakra, which governs your ability to express and to communicate with the world.
With its element as Ether or Space, it signifies your 'purity' or vishuddha (Sanskrit name for the chakra).
- Record these instructions in your own voice or ask someone you trust to read them to you while you meditate. Do it at a slow pace
- Take a long pause (5-10 seconds) between two paragraphs
- Begin by sitting in your normal meditation posture - preferably cross legged on the floor, and if that's difficult, sit on a chair with your back and your shoulders straight
- Alternatively, you could lie down on the floor (as is done in yoga nidra meditation), but you run the risk of dozing off
- Take a few deep breaths and calm your body and mind
- Close your eyes
- Listen to the directions and follow them (pardon me for stating the obvious)
Throat chakra guided meditation script
- Take a long and deep breath. As you exhale, move attention to your throat, and imagine a sapphire-blue chakra. The blue glow of the chakra spreads like a vibration or a pulse from your throat to fill your neck and head first and then the rest of your body.
- Imagine walking through a forest on a narrow path that is lined on both sides by huge shade-giving trees. You hear the sounds of insects, of small animals scurrying around and of happily chirping birds. In the distance, a stream flowing over its rocky bed makes a pleasant gurgling sound.
- You find a small clearing against a giant log that has fallen on the forest floor. You walk up to it and sit with your back resting against the log.
- The sounds of the forest become even more evident to you. There is a magical quality to them and you can now hear the faintest of sounds. The whole forest is playing a symphony, especially for you.
- Now see your fifth chakra spinning and gaining strength. As it spins faster, a blue light washes over you and pervades every cell, every pore in your body.
- Breathe deeply and feel the energy funneling into your throat, which is bursting with dazzling blue light.
- Rest in this awareness.
- Gently stand up and start walking back from the fallen log to the edge of the forest, where you first started. Look back at the singing forest and feel one with it.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and arise.
A free throat chakra guided meditation mp3 for download is a work-in-progress and should be available on the site soon. Until then, I hope the guided meditation script above serves you well.
Do let me know how it worked for you by writing to me or by leaving your comments and feedback below.
Also, fifth chakra meditation will help you learn different meditation techniques that can open and balance your throat chakra.
Return from Throat Chakra Guided Meditation to Free Guided Meditations
Return to Home
Get a free chapter from my book, Meditation-Hacker: 7 Ancient Secrets to Crack the Inner-Bliss Code and receive valuable information on meditation that you can use to improve the quality of your health and life, by subscribing to my newsletter, Kkaivalya.