Crown Chakra Guided Meditation
"Remain as the jewel ornament on the crown of my head, the chakra of great bliss, arousing all my mindfulness and awareness, I pray!" - Tibetan prayer
Use the crown chakra guided meditation for activating your seventh chakra, which governs your cerebral cortex and is your link to the 'other world' or 'higher states of consciousness.'
It has no element associated to it, but some people like to refer to 'thought' or 'mind' as its element.
The Sanskrit name for the chakra, sahasrara, means one thousand and signifies a 'thousand-petalled lotus.'
- Record these instructions in your own voice or ask someone you trust to read them to you while you meditate. Do it at a slow pace
- Take a long pause (5-10 seconds) between two paragraphs
- Begin by sitting in your normal meditation posture - preferably cross legged on the floor, and if that's difficult, sit on a chair with your back and your shoulders straight
- Alternatively, you could lie down on the floor (as is done in yoga nidra meditation), but you run the risk of dozing off
- Take a few deep breaths and calm your body and mind
- Close your eyes
- Listen to the directions and follow them (pardon me for stating the obvious)
Crown chakra guided meditation script
- Take a long and deep breath. As you exhale, move attention to the top of your head, and imagine a violet chakra. The dark violet glow of the chakra illuminates your mind and the rest of your body.
- Imagine a big, white lotus with its petals closed in the same place as your crown chakra. Look at the lotus and contemplate upon its shape, color and texture.
- As you pay attention, the lotus slowly starts to swirl along with the chakra.
- One by one the petals of the lotus start to open. As the first layer flowers, you see uncountable rows of more petals still to open.
- With every new petal opening the lotus starts spinning faster. You realize that every such opening leads to yet another layer of closed petals. The blooming of the lotus is an on-going process of infinite stages.
- Now see your seventh chakra spinning with equal strength. The chakra's violet light washes over you and pervades every cell, every pore in your body.
- Breathe deeply and feel the energy from your crown chakra connecting you to the sky above and to the earth below, and to everything in between, so you become one with existence.
- Rest in this awareness.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and arise.
A free crown chakra guided meditation mp3 for download is a work-in-progress and should be available on the site soon. Until then, I hope the guided meditation script above serves you well.
Do let me know how it worked for you by writing to me or by leaving your comments and feedback below.
Also, seventh chakra meditation discusses three different meditation techniques that can help open and balance your sahasrara chakra.
Return from Crown Chakra Guided Meditation to Free Guided Meditations
Return to Home
Get my book, Meditation-Hacker: 7 Ancient Secrets to Crack the Inner-Bliss Code and receive valuable information on meditation that you can use to improve the quality of your health and life.